Sunday, March 29, 2009

Twin Palms



I always found Infrared Photography fascinating, it has such a unique look and sometimes a dreamy effect.
While cleaning out some old files in my office I found a role of infrared negatives which I will be posting more shots of in the future, this particular role was taken in and around Key West Florida back in 1995 during a short visit to the area.
Twin Palms was taken in midday on the coast and in the background one of the barrier islands can seen in a lighter gray scale much like the palm leaves while the water showing up as black. Different effects can be made with or without filters and being film I was always surprised of the results when they were returned from processing.

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

That is beautiful. It is very peaceful and calming.

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Jasmine, I have a color image of the same shot from a second camera but this Infrared one is most intriguing.

Jasmine said...

I agree, it is.