Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reverse Throttle



Being a long time RailFan one of my favorite stops while living in North Carolina was the North Carolina Transportation Museum also known as the Spencer Shops, it is located in the town of Spencer and was once Southern Railways largest maintenance facility in the southeast United States from the late 1800's through the 1970's.
Shown here at Spencer is the #604, a 2-8-0 Consolidation built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in the 1920's, originally photographed in color in the early 1990's I added a sepia tone finish in Photoshop to give it a historic feel.

4 comments:

kalos_eidos said...

What a great photo! I like the old photo feel to it.

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Kalos, I tried just leaving it in B/W at first but when I added the sepia to it I was sold. :)

Sherrlyn Borkgren Photography said...

I like the sepia makes it look real old. hey help spread the word no brides seem to have seen the free wedding photography offer!!!! Can you believe it?

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Sherrlyn, indeed I agree the sepia worked perfectly with this.

I'm a bit surprised about the offer not being responded to, it's a great deal for a newlyweds especially your excellent quality of work. Have you tried advertising it on FaceBook or Twitter?