Sunday, January 18, 2009

Swan Dance



Fractal Art is sometimes a necessity as a break from my photography work which at times overwhelms me, some may even say it has therapeutic values and I can agree. Apophysis is a great fractal software program that is free and simple to use, once you experiment around with it for a few hours you can create some beautiful work fairly easily, though rendering times for a higher resolution sometimes may take awhile depending on what your goals are for printing or other venues.

Swan Dance was one of my first works with Apophysis but not my first try, it did take awhile to get the shape somewhat to where I wanted it and having a program like Photoshop to clean it up a bit or add extra effects helps too at times.

Apophysis is worth the download and will give you many years of creating great artwork and for some- therapy.

4 comments:

Sherrlyn Borkgren said...

Beautiful swan dance. I know exactly what you mean about overwhelming. I get overwhelmed with too much time editing -sometimes it seems to not have an end. h aha but I still love the reward. I am on my way to look at your other site now! Sherrlyn Borkgren Photography

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Sherrlyn for stopping by and checking out my blog also for joining my friends list.

pamdicar said...

I think that fractals are so gorgeous, but after looking at that link and reading the tutorial, I'm pretty sure that trying this would be way over my head. Yours is nice!

Richard Rizzo said...

thank you Pamdicar for your kind words, sometimes I have to work at it while other times I just luck out. This one did take some time until I got it where I wanted but there are some designs that are much easier to achieve.