Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rocky Mountain High


While flying out west for the first time several years ago I was able catch a glimpse of the Rocky Mountains, having my camera with me I was able to take this photograph. The clouds sat perfect adding a layer of depth to the image as well as composition and balance, the snow capped mountains of the higher elevation gave excellent contrast to the lower green terrain.

Though I haven't flown in nearly ten years I do miss taking aerial photographs such as this one.

Photographed in 1997 using 35mm film and Pentax camera.

4 comments:

Shell said...

This is a fantastic photo! One could spend some time just stareing at it! We did a tour of the Grand Canyon one year! Unfortunately, I spent most of the flight with my head in a bag! LOL -but my husband got some amazing photos of the trip!

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Shell, I bet the grand canyon pictures are amazing from the plane considering the diverse soil colors and terrain formations it has to offer.

Jasmine said...

Very nice photograph. I have never been in a plane myself, too scared. :(

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Jasmine, I use to love to fly back in the 1970's and 80's when it was cheap but my last flight was in the late 1990's when I had a good enough scare to not ever get back on plane again.
So its trains or driving for me. :)