Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lovers Leap



This image was taken at Lovers Leap in New Milford Connecticut prior to it becoming a State Park, its peaceful and calm atmosphere makes this place a favorite of both local residents and visitors alike. The river that flows past it is the Housatonic that starts its run from Massachusetts working its way south to southeast through Connecticut and finally pouring its mass amounts of water into the Long Island Sound between the towns of Stratford and Milford.

Lovers Leap has since become a State Park and driving up to the cliffs is now prohibited, the parking lot is located down near the old Lovers Leap Iron Bridge which has since been restored and a hiking trail on the old road takes you up to ledges.

Visiting New Milford and its surrounding towns is a must if ever in the area, its quaint old New England style architecture and history makes it worth the stop but be sure to research the area before planning a trip because there is just so much to see both natural and manmade.

Photographed in 1979 with 35mm film and my Pentax camera.

6 comments:

C. Bowie Photography said...

Love your nature shots

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you C. Bowie I really appreciate that, especially coming from a talented photographer such as yourself.

Betty said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Betty


http://www.my-foreclosures.info

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Betty for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

Greg VA said...

Great image of the "leap" Richard, and great photos all around. I am enjoying your Blog. I wonder if I might have permission to use this one in my Blog http://videomartyr.blogspot.com/
as I am about to write a piece on a 1950 view master disk that has a shot from this same angle. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks!

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Greg for your kind words, indeed you may use the image on your blog piece I just ask that you give me credit and perhaps a link back to my blog.
It sounds like it will be a great article.