Friday, December 26, 2008

Life


I generally don't photograph many closeups of plants but this particular image was taken while visiting the North Carolina Zoo - Asheboro in 1991, besides great animal exhibits they also had many beautiful plant exhibits but my admiration was with the landscaping and cleanliness of the park itself. This shot was taken at a bridge walk that spanned over a pond area on the way to an exhibit, what struck me was the lighting that exposed the veins and produced shaded areas that enhanced the shapes of the leaves all the while holding in a reservoir of water and droplets that it managed to collect from the morning dew.
The name I gave this seemed appropriate, for without water all life will cease to exist on this planet we call Earth.

Photographed with my Pentax and 35mm Kodachrome 64 slide film.

4 comments:

C. Bowie Photography said...

I am not into macro either. Not very good at it.

But this is an interesting picture

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you C. Bowie I really appreciate it, I guess sometimes I just get camera lucky with a shot. :)

Shell said...

This is a great photograph of the plant! I love taking closeups of plants and flowers, roses ect. So much beauty in nature!

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Shell your comment is most appreciated. :)