Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Old Mule

I would be the first to admit that I have obsessions with antique objects, to be more specific vehicles, trains and farm tractors to name a few, take this early 1920's McCormick-Deering Tractor that had its own unique claim in US history and with sales around the world, its steel wheels, crank starter, pulley system and kerosene fuel engines gave these tractors plenty of horsepower to help revolutionize farming in those days.

I was fortunate to run across this beauty while visiting Montana back in 1997, what was so special about this shot was the old white barn with its worn crackled finish and a little bright red window that added a dash of complimentary color to the backdrop.

Finding such treasures usually is as easy as a pleasant drive to the country with your camera in hand, old farmhouses and barns are always an added bonus as subjects.

History on these tractors can be found here.

6 comments:

Firecrackinmama said...

I love it when I find a good shot just roaming around. Beautiful

Richard Rizzo said...

I agree and amazingly sometimes those turnout to be portfolio shots.

Shell said...

That is a really great photo! Nice work!

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Shell :)

pam said...

Thanks for following my blog...I am a fan of your photography. Love the old stuff and you capture it so well.

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Pam, I find it more fascinating to capture subjects such as these then other types of photography.