Friday, October 31, 2008

Love and Friendship


Indeed love does come in small packages and even rather unexpectedly at times. Meet Luke he was abandoned when he was about 6 weeks old and taken in by yours truly he soon became my best friend and was taken just about everywhere that I could bring him, he was easily identifiable by the sparkle in his eyes and white rear paws that stayed with him until his last days just shy of sixteen years old, in my opinion animals lives are way to short but by sharing your life with theirs they give you in return unconditional love and loyalty.
A memorable time it was and as a puppy Luke enjoyed climbing up my shoulders while driving and making his way between my neck and headrest where he would fall asleep, of course as he grew in size I had to curb him from this habit but he then he found a new spot on the shelf of the rear window. We spent many times driving up to the mountains and hiking together and to this day he is dearly missed.

Rest in peace Luke and if there is truly a place on the other side I look forward to meeting you and my other furry friends once again.

Luke (1987-2003)

Donate today if you can to these organizations that help animals..

The Humane Society of the United States
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
or find a local shelter in your area and donate.

Please be sure to check out this wonderful and helpful site too..veterinary.answers.com

4 comments:

Renee said...

What a great picture of Luke and a beautiful post. I agree whole heartedly that animals lives are way too short.

Richard Rizzo said...

thank you Renee :)

Firecrackinmama said...

I know the unconditional love of animals. Each time we have to say good-bye to one, I swear we'll never get another. However I have learned to never say never. Nice post.

Richard Rizzo said...

I know what you mean FM, I feel the same way every time, yet another one always seems to find there way into my life.