Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Loneliness

Probably one of the most unusual but beautifulest places I have ever visited was Pyramid Lake Nevada with its bare mountains and islands of rock that stand upward like castles in a dream, it's located about 40 miles northeast of Reno and has among its barren desert landscape an impressive collection of rock formations known as Tufa that can be found along its banks but what I really found interesting were limited amount of trees that sprouted upward along its desert sand and sage. Being from the east I found this area to be a treasure not only because of its rich geological features but because of its history, wildlife and Indigenous culture that entails this region.

More info can be found here on this fantastic and photogenic region.

4 comments:

Annalee said...

You have some lovely images. I agree that Pyramid is one of the most wonderful places. It is my favorite day trip.

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Annalee - you are very fortunate to live in that area, while I was in Reno those few days I also had the opportunity to visit some other beautiful areas such as Lake Tahoe, Virginia and Carson City.
Hopefully one day I'll return for a longer visit and tour some other parts of Nevada.

Firecrackinmama said...

I'm also from the East and will never forget the memorable cross country trip I took with my youngest daughter. The scenery was absolutely beautiful just as you have depicted here. Great shot!

Richard Rizzo said...

Thank you Firecrackinmama, i agree it was very memorable even for as short as a trip it was for me thank goodness for film (or digital).